MDHHS provided updates one the Section 298 initiative Friday which identified the initiatives 3 pilot sites. Read their news release in full below:
From: MDHHS-298 <MDHHSfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 3:53 PM
Subject: Update on the Section 298 Initiative
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is providing another update on the Section 298 Initiative today. The Section 298 Initiative is a statewide effort to improve the coordination of physical health services and behavioral health services in Michigan. This initiative is based upon Section 298 in the Public Act 268 of 2016. The Michigan legislature approved a revised version of Section 298 as part of Public Act 107 of 2017.
MDHHS has officially selected the pilot sites for the Section 298 Initiative. The selected pilots are:
· Muskegon County Community Mental Health (HealthWest) and West Michigan Community Mental Health
· Genesee Health System
· Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority
Muskegon County Community Mental Health and West Michigan Community Mental Health, which are geographically contiguous, are conducting a joint pilot.
MDHHS issued a Request for Information (RFI) on Dec. 20, 2017 to select the Section 298 Initiative pilot sites. Proposals were due Feb. 20, 2018. The RFI included the following mandatory minimum requirements:
· The applicant is a Community Mental Health Service Provider (CMHSP).
· The applicant has submitted a signed memorandum of support from at least half of the Medicaid Health Plans (MHP) within the proposed pilot region, which demonstrates their engagement in pre-planning activities.
· The applicant has submitted a plan demonstrating full financial integration as required under Section 298 of Public Act 107 of 2017.
Contracts for implementation of the pilots will be between MDHHS and the MHPs operating in the pilot regions. In the coming months, MDHHS will work with the selected CMHSPs and MHPs to finalize the structure of the pilots. It is anticipated the pilots will be implemented by Oct. 1, 2018.
For more information about the pilots and the Section 298 Initiative, please visit the project webpage at www.michigan.gov/stakeholder298.
The Section 298 Action Team
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services