At this stage, looking at your child’s relationships is a good external barometer of well-being. A child might only have one or two friends, but it’s not the number of friends that you want to watch — it’s the type of friends and how well your child maintains those friendships. If you chid is having difficulty developing and maintaining friendships you may want to talk to someone about your concerns.
Other possible signs of mental illness include:
- Excessive fears and worries
- Extreme hyperactivity
- Sudden decrease in school performance
- Loss of interest in friends or favorite activities
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden changes in weight
- Excessive worry about weight gain
- Sudden changes in sleep habits
- Visible prolonged sadness
- Substance use or abuse
- Seeing or hearing things that are not there
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.