ACMH is currently seeking candidates for a full-time Youth Peer Support (YPS) Lead Trainer.
See the complete job description below or download here: YPS Lead Trainer Position
YPS Lead Trainer Job Description
- 18 years of age or older.
- A young adult that has personal experience with emotional, behavioral, and/or mental health
- High school graduate or GED holder.
- Ability to facilitate group dialog and conversation.
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational
- Possess basic computer knowledge.
- Experience in public speaking and/or training preferred.
- Leadership/coaching skills
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
Reports to: Executive Director, Project Manager, and YPS Statewide Coordinator
Youth Peer Support (YPS) Lead Trainer will facilitate trainings and coaching activities as well as support and guide the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) and other youth leadership efforts. Other duties include continued refinement of the Youth Peer Support curriculum and coordinating outreach and leadership opportunities with the YAC.
- Meets regularly (via phone or face to face) with Executive Director and/or Project Manager and/or YPS Statewide Coordinator.
- Co-facilitate in-person and virtual YPS and supervisor trainings, coaching calls, and technical assistance.
- Complete evaluations, notes, and reporting requirements in a timely manner and communicate results with Statewide Coordinator.
- Coordinate with Statewide Coordinator, Co-Trainer, Administrative Assistant on needs to ensure trainings to run smoothly – supplies, challenges with hotel, etc.
- Collaborate with YPS Statewide Coordinator to create YPS agendas, training schedules, and calendars.
- Regular review of materials to ensure quality, accuracy, and relevance.
- Use lived experience to inform all aspects of work and position.
- In collaboration with YPS Statewide Coordinator, create materials and present on YPS at conferences, speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate with Statewide Coordinator to plan and facilitate YAC meetings, projects, outreach, and recruitment.
- Collaborate with Statewide Coordinator to plan and facilitate Youth Leadership Camp.
- Travel within Michigan to provide training and outreach.
- Occasional travel /training outside of the state of
- Participate in conference/workshop presentations as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director and/or Program Manager.
YPS Lead Trainer will exhibit proficiency in the following areas:
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrates ability to incorporate information, feedback, and lived expertise into YPS discussion content and guide providers in their work.
- Demonstrates ability in effectively teach/train/present material to an
- Possesses technical skill in the area of community
- Has knowledge of the child serving systems and how to access useful resources in the community preferred.
- Possesses competence in working as a team member within ACMH/MDHHS/other
- Demonstrates strong commitment to the mission/values of
- Has strong written and verbal communication
- Can understand youth and young adult learning styles/principles.
- Possesses computer and data processing
- Demonstrates leadership
- Can support, build, and work as a member of a team.
- Complies with data collection and storage
- Meets and understands HIPAA/confidentiality
- Will meet report generation and documentation requirements.
Resumes will be accepted through September 29, 2023 and should be sent to:
6017 W. St Joe Hwy Ste 200
Lansing, MI 48917