ACMH has been the Statewide Family Network for Michigan since 1998. Statewide family network grants are federally funded by SAMHSA, The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association.
The purpose of Statewide Family Network grants is to:
- Enhance the capacity of States to be more oriented to the needs of children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances and their families.
- Have active family organizations dedicated to promoting systems of care.
- Create empowered family networks to participate in state and local mental health services planning and health care reform activities to improve community-based services for children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances and their families.
ACMH’s Current SAMHSA Statewide Family Network Goals
(** Project goals outline the work we agree to do in order to receive funding)
- Develop and support family leaders throughout Michigan to effectively work to improve services and support to children and youth with serious emotional disturbance.
- Enhance and expand the statewide network of highly qualified family member staff and the infrastructure needed to support them.
- Provide focused outreach and community education to increase public awareness of Children’s Mental Health & Health Care Reform.
- Support continued transformation of child serving systems including mental health, child welfare, education, juvenile justice, and public health
- Enhance youth guided practices throughout Michigan by promoting youth engagement, involvement and leadership opportunities.
ACMH SAMHSA Supported Activities include but are not limited to:
- ACMH’s Annual Conference
- Parent and Youth Leadership Camp
- On-going training and networking opportunities for families, staff, and community members
- Support to create a strong core group of family advocates/parent support partners
- Support Group Opportunities
- The ACMH Parent Listserv, Website
- Educational & Resource Materials
- Public Awareness & Advocacy Activities
- Technical Assistance and training for service providers
- ACMH Staff Retreats & Training Activities
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.