Michigan Alliance for Families Upcoming Trainings:
THURSDAYS, starting SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
Learn to improve the quality of your contributions to your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and increase your effectiveness to address concerns using the IEP process.
This IEP Course includes weekly assignments to apply the class information to your child’s IEP and office hours for additional guidance on concepts and assignments.
- Sept 28 Special Education Laws, Rules, and Educational Needs
- Oct 5 Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance
- Oct 12 Goals and Objectives, and Progress Monitoring
- Oct 19 Supplementary Aids and Services, and Special Education Services and Programs
- Oct 26 Rights, Responsibilities, and Resolving Disagreements
Who should attend? Parents/guardians of a child or young adult with an IEP
Registration required https://tinyurl.com/IEPCourse23
Registration closes 9/14/23 or when class is full. After registration closes, a Parent Mentor will contact you to confirm your participation.
If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know two weeks before the workshop.
To view other Michigan Alliance for Families learning opportunities click here.
Michigan Alliance for Families works to increase the involvement of families in their children’s education and to educate Michigan families about the special education process. They offer a variety of learning opportunities across the state.
For more information about Michigan Alliance for Families click here.