School’s out for summer. Yay! No doubt your kids are excited about summer break. How do you keep their minds engaged during the summer months and continue building their social-emotional wellness? How can caregivers keep their stress in check when the kids are around so much? And how can the family prepare for a smooth reentry to school?
The Stay Well program created this packet of resources to help. Click here to access:
- A summer calendar full of wellness tips and activity suggestions.
- A summer bucket list worksheet to help family members brainstorm what they’d like to do this summer.
- Self-care tips for parents and caregivers—because your mental wellness is key to a smooth-running summer.
- Family conversation-starters for fun ways to get kids thinking, imagining and verbalizing.
- Back-to-school preparation tips to make the return less chaotic.
For additional wellness resources, please visit the Stay Well website.
If you have teenagers, point them to the Resources for Teens page.
Younger children might enjoy attending the Creative Coping workshop with a parent or caregiver.
Michigan’s Stay Well program