Download the complete 2018 Calendar here: PSP 2018 Training & Professional Development Calendar
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), in partnership with the Association for Children’s Mental Health (ACMH) have developed a curriculum, informed by family members and professionals, for training parents to become Parent Support Partners.
The Parent Support Partner service, provided by another parent with first-hand experience navigating the public child serving agencies and raising a child with mental health challenges, will focus on increasing confidence and competence in parenting skills, increasing the parent’s knowledge to better navigate systems and partner with service providers, and empower the parent to develop sustainable, natural support networks after formal service delivery has ended.The Parent Support Partner service is an EPSDT State Plan service identified to address specific goal areas within the Person Centered/Family Centered Plan for parents of children with serious emotional disturbance (SED) and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD).
**All Trainings & Meetings Held at Springhill Suites located at 111 South Market Place Boulevard, Lansing, MI unless otherwise noted**
- 9th Professional Development Meeting (Certifying PSPs only)
- 18th PSP New Supervisor Training
- 24th PSP Steering Committee
- 14th – 16th NEW Cohort 29 – Part One of Parent Support Partner Training
- 10th Quarterly Professional Development Meeting (Certified PSPs only)
- 19th- 20th Cohort 29 – Part Two of Parent Support Partner Training
- 8th Professional Development Meeting (Certifying PSPs only)
- 17th PSP Supervisor Roundtable
- 23rd PSP Steering Committee
- 6th-8th NEW Cohort 30 – Part One of Parent Support Partner Training
- 3rd Professional Development Meeting (Certified PSPs only)
- 12th- 13th Cohort 30 – Part Two of Parent Support Partner Training